· Headquarters in Romania (Bucharest, Târgu Mureş), Germany (Hamburg), Switzerland (Berna / Hindelbank) and Slovenia (Slovenskig Gorica).
· Collaboration with Europe’s technology leaders: GRIMM & WULFF Germany, PALL, HOFSTETTER Switzerland, KRAMBO Slovenia.
· Exclusive partnership for Central, South and Eastern Europe in landfill leachate projects and dedicated after-sales services.
· More than 4,000 systems delivered worldwide (directly or through partners).
· Present at more than 150 sites, with landfill leachate treatment solutions and landfill gas management (biogas).
· Over 30 years of experience in water treatment / purification and waste management projects, including in ISPA, EU, EBRD and World Bank funded projects.
· Complete support: design, calculations, technical projects, technical specifications for auctions, commissioning, service, maintenance and technical assistance.
· Partner and Gold member in the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA).
· Part of the Technical - Scientific Committee for the Romanian Association for Waste Management (ARMD) and the Moldavian Solid Waste Association (MOLDSWA).
· Articles published in dedicated technical magazines, such as “Waste Management” (Romania), ZIP and InGreen (Hungary).
· Collaborations with technical universities and research institutes.
Klarwin’s experience and field references
As a regional pioneer in the field of filtration, separation and purification of fluids, we gathered experience, knowledge and the practical skills to find solutions and design custom-made systems to any technical specification. This reflects on the impressive network of technology suppliers and remarkable clients.
Leachate treatment technology
As a company specialized in filtration, separation and purification of fluids, Klarwin offers various technologies for microfiltration (MF) or ultrafiltration (UF) with hollow fibre modules, and reverse osmosis technologies, either with Spiral-Wound (SW) membranes or Disc Tube modules.
Reverse Osmosis (RO) is one of the most advanced and efficient methods for treating landfills leachate. Klarwin's technology, based on Pall’s Disc Tube Reverse Osmosis (DTRO) module, in exclusive regional collaboration with Grimm & Wulff Anlagen und Systembau GmbH, produces the best quality of treated water (permeate), which can be discharged back into the environment, used for irrigation or as process water.
· More than 2,000 filtration systems delivered worldwide (directly or through partners).
· The factory in Hamburg, Germany, has a portfolio of over 2000 filtration and reverse osmosis systems for various applications such as: water desalination, industrial and military applications and, mostly, landfills leachate treatment.
· The specialists in Hamburg were the first worldwide to develop and manufacture reverse osmosis technology in leachate treatment, and therefore, have the longest experience in the field.
· The authors of these technologies have important publications in this field and, also, other patents for related technologies.
· The leachate treatment systems are manufactured in Germany.
· This technology has the most references in treating landfills leachate, found in most of the capitals in Central, South and Eastern Europe.
The DT configuration has countless advantages over competitors’ technologies such as:
· Easy and fast start-up and shut-downs
· No chemical pre-treatment needed
· Easy Maintenance - modules can be opened and tested, a single cushion can be replaced
· The life of the equipment is at least 20 years and of the membranes approx. 10 years.
· The operating costs of the system are low, about 2-5 € / m3.
· Modules are certified and approved by TUV Technischer Ueberwachuns-Verein Nord e.V.
Landfill leachate treatment plant (LLTP) design
The leachate treatment system is designed in one or more filtration steps, that can be added to obtain the desired result depending on the quality and the variable quantity of the leachate available. The water quality (leachate and permeate) is constantly controlled by measuring conductivity, pH, pressure and temperature. Implementing these values into the control system leads to great reliability in operation of the leachate treatment plant.
· Small footprint
· “Plug&Play” installation with a short start-up period
· Modular expandable design with one or multiple stages
· Mobile containerized units or in situ installation options
· Short or long-term rental opportunities
Leachate stage (RO1) treats leachate from the landfill and is protected by a pre-filtration step using coarse filters, sand filters, cartridges or bag filters. The system is fully automated, and is designed integrally, with high-pressure pumps, modules, control valves, instrumentation and tank system.
· Operating pressure: up to 160 bar;
· Recovery rate: 70-92%;
· Flow capacity: 0.4 - 25 m3 / h per line.
Permeate stage (RO2) is fed with the permeate from the first stage. This optional step helps to meet the discharge requirements, reducing dissolved components with approx. 80 -90%, in the case that the water quality treated in the first stage of RO requires additional treatment. The permeate is then loaded into a storage tank.
Concentrated stage (RO6) is fed with the concentrate resulting from the previous steps, reducing waste volume.
The stripper is a specially designed system used to adjust the natural pH of the permeate by removing dissolved gases.
The ion exchanger uses ion exchange resins selected according to the permeate chemistry, that improves permeate quality up to discharge requirements. Because of the RO stage downstream, the operating costs and frequency of resin regeneration are dramatically reduced.
Evaporators reduce the water content of the concentrate to reduce waste management costs.
The tank system contains:
· Sulfuric acid H2SO4 to adjust the pH of the leachate and avoid crystallization of the membranes due to inorganic deposits;
· Cleaner A (alkaline) for organic sedimentation and fouling;
· Cleaner C (acid cleaning agent) for anti-oxidation, and to avoid calcium and iron fouling;
· Antiscalant (Polymers that precipitate Barium, Silica and Iron) to protect membranes;
· Sodium hydroxide for pH control of the permeate (alternative for the stripper).
The special cleaning agents, produced by Grimm & Wulff, are the most effective because they are specially created to clean the membranes well enough and, at the same time, not affect their performance and lifetime. Combined with up-to-date technology, it guarantees maximum process stability and reduces membrane degradation to ensure system longevity.
Klarwin collaborates with reliable laboratories to conduct chemical analysis of the permeate, to check the parameters in the discharge specifications, and of the leachate to assess the performance of the system as a function of seasonal variation.
Complete technical assistance
Once a plant is completed and goes into operation, we are still there for our client.
No matter whether it has to do with engineering questions, spare parts deliveries, maintenance inspections, repairs or upgrades, our services create the right conditions in which to carry out the necessary measures quickly and expertly.
Our Technik team
From a basic service package to a full one, every customer gets Klarwin’s specific support to keep their equipment in the best conditions, for a competitive total cost of ownership. The technical support is provided by dedicated service teams, in specific regions of Europe, who speak the local languages.
Our service engineers, trained by Pall and Grimm & Wulff, are ready to intervene for any technical problem. For more details see the division Technik.
Our After Sales Service: supportive and dependable
From the moment the equipment is installed, started-up, commissioned, and the operator is trained by a Klarwin engineer, we maintain a close contact through After-Sales services on various topics:
· Spare parts;
· Predictive and reactive maintenance;
· Technical problems and service;
· Capacity increase;
· Equipment rental;
· Full refurbishment of non-functional plants or of older equipment;
· Post-closure landfill support.
With the After Sales Service we provide, we give you the dependability in which you can rely.